Thursday, September 2, 2010

9am Hot Yoges - 90min - LEO! - Day 3

This was my first 90 minute class with my bionic ankle. I told Leo at the start of class about my ankle and he gave me some good adaptations. I want to go through the whole class but first I want to say three things that I am proud of because my head was repeatedly saying, "Oh no, I am so fat and gross. Shut up! You went in strong you will come out strong. How did I let this happen? How did it happen so fast? SHUT UP! Don't look in the stupid mirror and focus on your amazing progress!"

Three things I am proud of this class:
1. I did every exercise - some with adaptations
2. I tried to keep a smile on my face - and to relax my face when I would start thinking stupid
3. I thanked my teacher and told the girl beside me that she did a good job in class today.

Pranayama breathing: I thought this would never end. I was sweating by the end of it.

Half moon pose with hands to feet pose: I have lost some flexibility in my hamstrings. I did not go very low on the sides.

Awkward pose (in three parts): I can't do these ones at all. The first one I just bend my knees as much as I can but it is miniscule. The second one Leo told me to alternate legs bending my half point. The third one I did a lot better with and I went a little more down than the last two days. This was the first day that I tried lifting my heals off in this posture.

Eagle pose: I kept my toe down and did the arms. I did it full out on the good side.

Standing head to knee pose: Leo suggested I do the next three balancing ones using the wall for balance - like a barre. I also just held onto my knee.

Standing bow pulling pose: I used the wall again for my bad leg. I just held my foot at the back.

Balancing stick pose: I used the wall again.

Standing separate leg stretching pose: This one felt awesome!

Triangle pose: This one was difficult for me. I didn't do it full out. I reduced the width of my legs so I had more support and I also did not bend my supporting leg all the way to 90. I focused on squeezing my core. I did both sides the same for this one.

Standing separate leg head to knee pose: I did this one on one knee and the other leg forward. I focused on head to knee and reaching forward with my hands.

Tree pose: I used the wall for balance. On my good leg balancing I just did normal tree because I could not bend my leg in like that. It hurt in my knee and was awkward for my ankle.

Toe stand: I did not do this. I did another set of tree.

Corpse pose: Totally awesome at this one. I looked down at my ankles and the left one was more turned out. Maybe I will be better than better one day and have more turn out than before???

Corpse pose: No problem. This one feels good on my left hip flexor.

Cobra pose: No problem.

Locust pose: I held this better than I did before. I didn't cheat and come out early!!

Full locust pose:No problem

Floor bow pose: This one was harder. I came out early the first set. The second set I stayed in - but it was low - not as high as I used to get it.

Fixed firm pose: I used a block for this. Leo brought them over to me and cleaned them up at the end of class. So nice!

Half tortoise pose: Leo suggested I do this one sitting on my bum with my feet together. That worked.

Camel pose: I kept my hands on my back instead of my ankles. I will try ankles next time.

Rabbit pose: this one felt awesome in my upper back. I did have to get into this one a bit different because I can't sit on my knees fully - but I did it!

Head to knee pose with intense stretching posture: No problem. My left is better than my right in this one because of the bad hammy.

Spine twisting pose: I did this with one leg extended. The other side I did normal.

Blowing in firm pose: I did the last breathing exercise sitting on my bum with my feet together. It is more work to sit tall in this position.

 THAT IS THE END! I DID IT! AND.. I will be back to normal in no time! Until then, I am going to keep telling myself to shut up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment