Saturday, September 25, 2010

Saturday 8-9:30 Hot - Christine - Day 26

Picture day for Belle!! Grade 8!! 

I am going to go through the poses again today and write about my progress and my pains! OH! The tall, skinny, Spanishy looking girl has a name - Rose. She wasn't there today but yesterday she asked me if I played volleyball for UBC. She recognizes me from somewhere. Hmmm...

Pranayama breathing: I tried using the opposite grip on the second set.

Half moon pose with hands to feet pose: I don't go that deep in the sides early in the morning. It would be nice to take an afternoon class sometime and go full out. My back was stiff today so I didn't go far back that way either. My right hamstring is acting up again - along with my right groin from killer push-ups I have the kids do... I wonder how they are feeling? I am probably the only one that did them full out and I did them with two classes.. so I am probably the only one hurting. They are great though! I just let my hamstring relax in the forward part and didn't try to straighten my knees. Let it heal!

Awkward pose (in three parts): The first part I can notice that my knees are bending more. I am not close to getting down at all but I focus on breathing into my heal and letting it relax so I will be able to one day. The second part on my toes I was having a hard time balancing but I went down about half way. The third part I am pretty good at now and I can do it normal :-)

Eagle pose: I attempted to hook my right leg but was unable to this time. That is  my goal for tomorrow. My knee is bending more and pulling less at the heal.

Standing head to knee pose: I was having a hard time balancing on my left leg. I tried to grab my foot but couldn't balance there so I went back to holding my knee and just practicing balancing.

Standing bow pulling pose: I balanced really well in this one. I think this is because I focus on kicking and pulling in opposite directions. I did do bow on my left leg at the very end.

Balancing stick pose: I did this no problem.

Standing separate leg stretching pose: No problem... head touching the ground.

Triangle pose: I am weak here because I haven't been doing this one full out but I did do it today.. I just wasn't able to hold it the whole time. This one hurts my left hip flexor.

Standing separate leg head to knee pose: Now here is a new improvement... before I couldn't get my left leg right behind me and twist my hips to the front and now I can. I also was holding onto the ground for balance but today I had my hands back in prayer!!

Tree pose: I just practiced my balancing and I kept my foot on my calf on both sides.

Toe stand: I did not do this. I did another set of tree.

Corpse pose: Hahaha.. easy!

Wind Removing Pose: I kinda spaced out in this one. She had the lights down so low. I kinda came back to the world wondering when we had done the both knees to chest part and if I had done it or just laid there?

Cobra pose: No problem.

Locust pose: I held this better than I did before. I didn't cheat and come out early!!

Full locust pose:No problem

Floor bow pose: This one was harder. I came out early the first set. The second set I stayed in - but it was low - not as high as I used to get it.

Fixed firm pose: Breathe into the ankle. I go down normal.

Half tortoise pose:I focus on sitting on my ankles straight and letting them relax every time I breathe.

Camel pose: I kept my hands on my back instead of my ankles because my back isn't that bendy today.

Rabbit pose: I do this one normal now. My necklace went up my nose though.. hahaha and that made me silently laugh and come up and take it out of my nose!

Head to knee pose with intense stretching posture: No problem. My left is better than my right in this one because of the bad hammy. I really pull my left foot back and get a good stretch in my calf...

Spine twisting pose: I did this one normal although I don't think my hips are completely straight on the bad side.. working on it... trying to let my foot relax in that position.. and stretch back to normal.

Blowing in firm pose: I did this sitting on my knees again. I am getting better!! YAY!

1 comment:

  1. I love eagle pose. It’s a great upper back and hip stretch. My yoga instructor, Leeann Carey says that it is one of the best balance poses. She has a free yoga video on eagle that you should really check out: http://www.planetyoga.com/yoga-blogs/free-yoga-video-garudasana-eagle-pose/

    ReplyDelete