Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday HALF MARATHON LSD - Week 16

Half marathon
I am trying to get my ipod to work right now but it is frozen again. This sucks!! I set it for half marathon and ran it.. I think I did 2:04... but I want to know the pace.. and I was so dead at the end .. I didn't think.. I could figure it out... but I want those 21.1 kms for my nike plus! I want to get to blue!! OMG.. I hate this thing!! (right now.. or whenever it freezes... I need a new ipod!!! GAY)

I just restarted it. It will be gone.

BOO!!

OK.. so forget about that.. let's talk about my run. I ran out my alley to the stairs that go up to the Burrard street bridge. I ran across there and along Kits, Jherico, Spanish Banks, Wesbank.. and up towards UBC a little.. until it said half way. Then I turned and came home. It was a beautiful sunny day. I had my guu chocolate water and I ran 10 and 1. I skipped the first walk and I missed one in the middle because my ten and one mixes changed over.

It worked!!! IT WORKED!! It is in the NIKE PLUS SYSTEM!!! WOO HOO!! I love you run pod!! I am sorry for doubting you!!

2:04:15 hours
21.1 km
5'53 min/km
1585 cals

YAY!!

I felt pretty good on this run. There was an old man in a fluorescent green shirt and blue corduroys running intervals beside me on the side walk between Kits and Jherico. I just kept running and he would zoom past then walk and I would run past him then repeat.. it was kinda strange. At first I thought he was showing off, then he stopped, then I thought he was retarded.. then I thought.. oh.. he is running intervals.. but in blue corduroys?

It was so nice to run along the beach. What a beautiful city.

I was happy to run the halfway mark and turn around because lurking ahead was the UBC hill. I had set my run pod for half marathon cause I know Carrie's takes longer than mine.. so I thought I would do a little bit farther.. and that way I could have the half marathon on my NIKE PLUS! Now you can see why I was so upset that it froze!!

I started think too much about my kids and that mom and I was tired by the .. what is that place called by kits.. that big see the star building? I am brain dead.. I started to cry.. and I couldn't breathe and that wasn't working good for me.. so I had to stop and catch my breath and talk myself out of crying.. there is a big hill coming.. the Burrard street bridge.. and you are almost home.. happy thoughts...!!!

I made it!

I got home and showered right away cause I was dripping!!! I got out of the shower.. towel on.. and DAD called.. I am outside!!! I put on my Ecuador pants and I went and got them. They had to let me rest for a bit.. but we had a great day.. once I recovered a bit!! hahaha~!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! You are so fast!
    Its perfect, cos you will be out of the shower by the time I get to your house after the race! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emmmmaaaa!! I am not going to be out of the shower.. hahaha.. I will be waiting at the end for ya.. cheering you on!!! I will be stretching and yelling.. go EMMMAAAAAAA!!!

    Unless of course it is pouring rain.. ahahhaahaa!

    ReplyDelete