Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tuesday 6km Tempo - Week 14

6 km
28:45 mins
4:46 min/km
452 cals

I didn't think I was running that fast today but I was!! At the end "she" said I had made a new personal best record for the mile. I am going to look it up and now and see where I am at... hold on :-) I think it says my fastest mile is 6.59 minutes. I remember when I thought an 8minute mile was good... I am a minute faster now!! yay!!

I ran down the alley to the sea wall, to English Bay and back. I was trying to run fast but when I got to the spot where I was really slow with Carrie... I felt like I slowed a bit. I have some negativity in that area. I should try a different route next time. I imagined her cute little backside just easing on down the path with ease until she was out of sight.. and me struggling and cursing in my head and thirsting in my muscles. yuck! I will never do that again. The pain in my tummy was awful and the pain in my muscles the next was even worse. Everything hurt.

Live and learn.. and in my case.. learn and learn and learn!!

Hopefully this last lesson will last until the end of the marathon!!! haha!!

BTW - the fastest mile ever: 3 minutes 43.13 seconds by Moroccan runner Hicham El Guerrouj

1 comment: