Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thursday Race Pace - Week 15

4.94 km
25:52 mins
5:13 min/km
372 cals

We first had a talk about triathlons. This pretty cool old dude - like over 70 - was giving the talk. He was pretty funny and it was cool to see someone older who is active. He started his first triathlon when he was 50.

Not many people were in our run group tonight. I guess hockey and sunshine won.

Our run today was running 1km at race pace then waiting for the rest of the group and running back. I have been told that I should start with the 2 hour group and then if I have energy at the end to boot it. Doing the reverse will waste energy and you might not have it in you to go the whole way.. especially with that hill at the 3/4 mark!

Oh- before we went out Shauenne did a visualization with us. She did the whole race. It was cool. I could see me from start to finish. She said that Stephen King will be telling us to go and yelling out people's names as we come back through. Then I started seeing a redrum type race. Supposedly there is more than one Stephen King in this world.

Two girls ran past us and they were doing the 20km cause they weren't going to be here on Sunday!! I wish I would have known because then I could have gotten it done and over with. Oh well. I will enjoy my solo run. I will make a new mixtape.. maybe this weekend.. in the hotel???

K.. bed time for this kid!! Another long successful day. I can see that light at the end of the tunnel.. it is called.. BALI!!!

1 comment:

  1. No way, there is only one Stephen King! And he is writing a horror race story! Not about us, though, since our race is going to be more like a victory lap!

    ReplyDelete