Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday 18km LSD - Week 15

20.93 km
2:15:51 mins
6:29 min/km
1571 cals

OK- I had Dad's birthday last night at Sam's. We had yummy salmon and cheesey potatoes and asparagus. That is some good fuel. I also had some PBR's but I stopped so I could drive home. I was in bed by 10:30. I got up at 7:45 and I don't have any breakfast food. So, I had a wrap with two little pieces of chicken, some rice, and cheese... I needed fuel for this run. So - although it wasn't a typical breakfast it was good protein and some carbs. I ate most of it but stopped so I didn't feel full cause I didn't want to have a super full tummy. I wanted to have time to digest. I mixed my water with the gel again- vanilla water. I brought some more jelly beans but I didn't need them. I felt good on this run!! YAY!

I was concerned that I like to slow down at the end of these long runs. I asked my pace leader Victor if I should join the 2 hour group and he said it is up to me. I could start with their group then wait for the 2 hour group at prospect point if it felt too much.

I was feeling pooped after the prospect point and I decided to wait for the 2 hour group there. Victor said that the hardest part was over. But, I didn't want to hold up the group and I didn't want push too hard. So, I waited for the two hour group. I forgot to turn off my run pod while I waited.. so it looks like we ran really slow. Oh well!

The 2 hour group..

WAIT.. when I was running that first part with my group... I was thinking about uncle Butch. I was listening to a hip hop song .. and I was imagining .. exactly what Dad and uncle Butch were talking about last night.. if they were young now.. they would run this town! hahahaha!! hahahaha!! Drunk dad talk!! hahaha!! So I imagined them as young gangsters and selling drugs and shooting people.. hahah!! I imagine my dad and uncle Butch as little gangsers!

Anywho.. the 2 hour group is huge! I kept analyzing the differences between our two groups. My group is not as friendly, smaller, and more intense. I had a lot of fun with the two hour group. It was super easy run. We ran from Prospect Point across the Lions Gate (something I have always wanted to do) to the right and along some trails along a river and then looped back. It was an awesome run but slow becuase we had to run singley file a lot and we stopped to walk down the stairs .. and other spots... for some reason.

They seem to have a lot of group leaders in that group.. ?? I like Andrew. He is an old, skinny, black man. He was funny.

I ran with my snowboarder, surfer friend.. and guess what? She is a teacher too!! She teaches kindergarten in North Van. She is going to go surfing on the May long weekend in Toffino.. so I think that Ema and I should go too!! K emmmmmaaaa???? Can you plan that weekend off!!?? Let's go visit Richard!!

What is that girl's name? I hope I wrote it in my blog.. that time we did the speed training together... let me look... I wrote about her.. but I didn't get her name... Damn!!! I guess I will have to ask her on Thursday!!!

OK... time for some food and laundry!!! FUN!!!

2 comments:

  1. That does sound like a fun run!
    Let's go surfing!
    and I found the gels down the street at Thrifty's, for cheap, yo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!! did you try the gels in your water?

    ReplyDelete