Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wednesday 12km Race Pace??? - Week 16

12 km
1:03:49 hours
5:18 min/km
903 cals

Wow! That was an awesome run. When I left Surrey it was clouding over and going to rain but as I drove home it was still sunny. Half my city was clouded over and the other half was sunny. I had to run into the sun. The mountains looked like rain. Out my patio was sun and out my bedroom window gloom. I had to hurry. What better way to get me out the door than to threaten a run in the rain?

I did the route I wrote to Emma about in our FB message today. I decided to run out my alley, to the right on the C wall, and into the trails at the pool and back. I remembered my trails: I ran down Rawlings, left on Lees, and right on Bridle. I had to do about 500 meters up hill on Bridle before my runpod told me halfway but that made a nice treat when I got to turn around. I traced my way back out and home. I like to keep the trails simple and close to the edge of the park when I am alone. I still have visions or thoughts of bad things happening and I try to keep aware. Horribly, I imagined being attacked and crying and thinking why the fuck did I run here alone. I know better. Why does everyone think it couldn't happen to them? I haven't heard of any attacks recently, nonetheless, I was ready to ninja kick some balls and punch a nose bone and run if need be. I also imagined I had some poison in my water bottle that I could squirt in their eyes. Although my left over chocolate guu water might be a good distraction too! (I didn't drink any of it on this run.)

I have been trying not to think about dance team next year until Outbreak is over but I can't stop myself. It is my main concern and it is the element of my life that I need to refine in order to survive another year. Better yet, in order to have a better life for me next year.. and for that matter for the dance teams.

Sofia came to visit me today during dance team. She gave me some great advice and was also appalled at how some of the kids have been disrespecting me. She said I have been to close to them and they don't realize the line between how to act to a friend and how to act to a teacher - so they cross it. I showed her some of the questionnaires and she insists on bringing them to Carol. We discussed how to address the problem and I am pretty stoked for next year. I am still going to meditate on next year.. and try to hold off till after Outbreak.. but I am really stoked for next year. It is going to be so much more awesome for me.. and the lucky, deserving students who get to be on dance team. After all, I am the teacher and you do it my way or don't join. If you don't like it or you have attitude towards me I don't want to give you my extra time. You can make your own team and go find a teacher that will collect your money and enter you into competitions and watch your practices ... and support you in the ways that you don't even conceptualize. I am done with selfish students who show no love and appreciation. You do it... you find out what it is really about and I wish you the best of luck.

What else was I thinking about? Hmmm.. This is the second time with my new earbud thingys. I don't like them. They were cheap $20 Sony ones. The sound is good but they have those little covers over them that get sweaty. I didn't see them through the package.. they were hidden in plastic. The wire also gets twisted and I spend at least 3-5 minutes untangling before my run as I walk down my alley. GAY. The cord is too long and I have to tuck it into my water bottle pocket. I did wear my water bottle just cause it has the pocket... I have the pocket in the back of my shorts for Bali... can't wait for Bali. Dude.. I can't wait till next week when I don't have to get up and go to school at 7am!! Friday is the last day.. and tomorrow is yoga day! WOO HOO!

Oh - I was popping as I came through English Bay and there was a girl from my run club running with a mini group and we both smiled and waved. That was nice. Yay!

Twigg's red sweatpants fit...

Teacher dance practice Friday!! I can't wait to practice in my costume!! I think I will pin my shirt to my boxers for when I get pantsed!!

OK.. BYE!!!! Thanks for reading!! Hey mom.. leave me a comment.. and I am going to call you now :)

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I love seeing people I know when I run. Around here it is rare! haha! I'm so glad to hear you've got some support at school there with those kids. Good to get perspective, but teacher perspective is even better!
    It is such a beautiful morning, I am going to run now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha!! I just got back from run club and another girl saw me run this run and she tried to say hi and I missed her! It was a nice run day for the people.

    Let's see what my word is..

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh.. I don't get one when I am commenting on my own.. wait.. I will go to yours!!!

    ReplyDelete