Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tuesday 10km.. I mean 8km Steady - Week 17 - 5 more sleeps!

7.96 km
42:39 mins
5:21 min/km
597 cals

I ran down my alley to the Burrard street bridge and up the stairs and across - then under the bridge and around that C wall past Science World and home. This is 8km. My stomach started hurting by Science World so I didn't continue once I got to where I turn for my house.. cause I knew my tummy was going to explode. I don't know why.. I ate normal stuff: toast with pb and Gatoarde for breaky, chicken with rice and moms veggies and dip for lunch... and water. I guess I just ate too much at lunch? Nah.. I had hours to digest. Hmmm.. who knows? As long as it doesn't happen in the morning for the race. It shouldn't. Out of all of these runs it has only happened once before and I think it was a Tuesday too... hmmm... cause I remember Ian was at the front door going to work and I was like.. I GOTTA GO!!! hahaha!

I saw Katherine on the other side of the C wall. YAY! She was running the opposite way.. thank God.. cause she is FAST! And.. that would make me feel slow.. if she passed me and disappeared into the future. I like the way it was... a huge smile and wave and happiness.

I ran through so much different weather! I was trying to beat the rain but it got me.. oh did it get me! And.. I didn't wear my hat! I thought for sure I could catch the sun. It was weird. I ran through sun and wind and rain and cloud and sun and ... just kept blowing around and I kept running in and out of it I guess. I tried to run for the sunny patches.. but my path doth turn and the wind doth blow! I wish I had had my hat to keep the rain out of eyes. It was kinda refreshing though.

What was I thinking when I was running.. there was something I wanted to remember to write.. it was funny I think.. hmmm.. damn.. I can't remember. If it comes back to me I will come back and write it in.

K!! BYE!! 5 more days!!!

I remembered what I was thinking about.. and btw - it is so nice out right now. I should have waited.. but who knew it was going to nicer? It could have gotten worse! Anywho.. I was thinking.. if I ever kids I will probably end up with two boys that wanna play hockey!! I don't know why that came into my head.. wait.. I saw a dad pushing a little girl and I thought.. I would want to run and push.. and then I thought a kid could never keep up with me.. I would have to do little runs.. and then I thought.. they would probably hate everything I like and want to do the opposite.. like play hockey.. then I would have to watch and learn it and get into it.. to encourage them.. then I thought.. fuck.. what kid wouldn't love surfing? And.. I thought about those two little blonde California boys that were with their Dad in Mexico.. cool! Surfer babies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment