Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday 6km Race Pace - Week 17? The last week!


6.76 km
37:31 mins
5:32 min/km
507 cals

I enjoyed this morning. I want to talk about: Emma's first 10km, "Meet-You, Pass-You," the last 2km, The Peace Game, and ... that is it!

But.. I am starving.. I will write about these things later!!!

OK.. I am back. I remembered another thing I wanted to write about as well so I will start with that.

Our route for this run was through the trails and out by that little river and back along the C wall. (The little river is just past the totems... kinda.. before the bend) Anywho - we were on our run back around the C wall and I was just by the end.. start of the C wall.. by the BOOM!! and I was thinking... Wouldn't it be cool to see people in colours by how fueled they were.. or rather how much energy they have left? For example a full on red person would be full person and someone who is faded is empty. And, if people could see this would it be more amazing and therefore more cool if you were able to complete this race on empty? More daring.. might I say? Would it make guzzling guu and sucking on gatorade the opposite of what it is now? I can imagine that we as people.. who are always trying to push the line.. see how fart we can push ourselves would try to take it to this next level.

I think that last thought was an evolution of if farts were coloured clouds depending on the level of smell and I was hungry.

Last Sunday was Emma's first 10km race. I thought about her a lot when I was running. I am so proud of Emma for going and doing it on her own.. and making a little mission our of it. I think it was a great move.. cause now she will be more ready for the race on Saturday.. she will know more of what to expect. I know I hate the running in the crowds... and running with the running group has helped me with that but it was an annoying shock at first. I remember I weened myself into it. I would go for a little bit of the run in the clump then move to the back.. until now.. I don't even notice. I am used to it. Sunday will be way different though.. there are going to be soooo many people!!

The Peace Game!! Ok.. I may have been the annoying one in my new 2hour group. I played the peace game with people on the C wall. I would hoot and peace and see how many people would peace back. I got some good smiles, some peace signs, and some nothings... but I didn't play that long as I didn't want to annoy my group too much! hahah!! It was fun though.

Finnaly, the last two km. This is what you got to play for the last two km... this is what Andrew told me: He said to break away from the crowd and go as fast as you can the last two km. He said he chooses someone up ahead and he says... I am going to meet you and if I meet you I am going to pass you and then you pick another person up ahead and repeat. I like games! This is going to be my game on Sunday morning!

DONE!! There is the bell!!

3 comments:

  1. fart we can push ourselves!! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I farting helped me go faster, I would do it the whole last 2k, along with the meet you pass you game:), and never make friends with any of those I met and passed:( Don't let me pass YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha!!! I was going to go to dance tonight.. then I remembered.. the don't do anything stupid this week. Think about what you do.. and if it is something that you may get hurt.. then better to stay in the bubble. I can start dance next week.. yoga in the morning is safe though~!!

    ReplyDelete