Sunday, January 17, 2010

Chilly Chase - Sunday Langley with Carrie - 10km - week 3




ran 10.48 km on 17/1/2010 at 9:02 AM with a pace of 5'01"/km  

Nike +

 I will fill in later.. tired.. might nap.. just a little :) 


OK - I had a nap. I wasn't going to have a nap but after driving home.. I was just so tired.. I couldn't function.. so I crawled under the covers in my jeans and laid my head down and I was out. Good thing too cause I was cranky! Now I feel happy - I am sure I will be able to sleep tonight - if not, I will just curl up and rest and watch movies until I do!

OK - let's chat about the run! Carrie and I had an awesome night sleep. She made me a little bed in the guest room and it was really cozy! Thanks Carrie! We went to bed around 10pm and woke up at 7am. Carrie walked Lucky and we chatted and watched TV until about 8:10 when we decided it was time to get ready to go. We got all dressed up in our running outfits, pinned on our numbers and I zapped my time chip on my shoe - Carrie did hers the night before. Carrie drove Lucky to her parents where we got disheveled Dave to take our pre-run picture and then we were off to LSS to find parking.

We walked over to the starting area and found Julie and oh no... um.. oh no.. Carrie who was the other girl??? Anywho.. we found two other girls and we waited for the race to start. Carrie and I got our Nike Pluses ready to go - press the center button.. press the center button.. I will Lance!!! Aerobic lady on red bull was trying to warm up the runners that just wanted to run.. countdown.. 10... 9..... 3...2...1... - and Carrie .. I am just going to chill.... I bolted out of the start line and found my spot so I wasn't clumped.. Carrie didn't follow my lead.. but I knew she wasn't far behind.

I tried to tell myself to slow down because I want to run the whole way - but I went fast until about 8km - according to my Nike +. I was running at a pace under 5min/km and as fast at 4'34''. Wow - I was crusing!

There were two little hills in the first leg of the run. I remembered to pump my arms and on the way down not to increase my stride too much. Other techniques I used were shaking my hands and shrugging my shoulders at every km marker to keep relaxed. I thought about my posture a couple of times as well.

I tried to keep smiling and happy. I smiled and clapped for the people who were standing on the sides cheering us on and I also smiled at the people passing me - but not many people were smiling. They had their game faces on.

I had my 7km 10 in 1 on so at the 20 minute mark I walked for a minute.. which was nice because it let me get out of the crowd and have my own space. It was exciting to run with that many people but I found it hard to zone out and into my music with all the huslte and bustle around me. I had to keep reminding myself to listen to me and run for me.. don't let your ego make you run faster because you won't last.

Anywho - I made it - but the last two km were weak and I didn't have any soreness like Carrie. I finished at 51:55 and Carrie finished at 1:01!! YAY US!!!

Ema I thought of you and your kids on the run.. I wished you were there with us.... you will be soon!! OK.. back to Youtubing videos for the kids!!

LATER!!

I came in 59th!
Paula Johnson 4505
 59 51:53.9
30-39
9
F



2 comments: