Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday 6pm Jazz - Liz Tookey


Moe was away today but Liz taught class and she rocks! It is good to be forced to have different teachers. We did a bouncy warm-up with a lot of knees up and bouncing side to side with arm presses in all different directions. We did some cool stretches..  a lot of yoga then sit -ups. The last abs were laying on your elbow and doing circles with straight legs. I liked those.

ATF the left got neglected twice. First we did straight piques - don't forget your plie.
Next we did single, double pique, step step step turning back the way you came into a lunge. Turn the other way and develope the R and shunt forward. Step on your L and RDJ back L and R to another lunge - kick the leg up and turn the head and body after - ball change and go again..
Next: Jump: Big chaine GJ Turning, GJ to back reapeat first part back to where you came from.. run run run retire jump. Turn back on yourself... attitude jump step jump - step temps leve and side jete.

Then we did a combo.. but I am done writing..

Hey.. My hip has been hurting the last few days.. maybe longer.. and I was trying to figure out why.. and it came to me today!!! It was from Moe's class when we did the switch splits.. and I thought I was better.. but I am not!!! At least I remember why it hurts.. and I won't do anything to hurt it more till it doesn't hurt again!! I must have reinjured it.. cause I swear that went away in a few days.. or maybe I just wasn't dancing???

No comments:

Post a Comment