Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday 5km Tempo - week 3 - First day with run club

5.13 km
25:23 min
4'55'' min/km
386 cal

I walked down Richards then Georgia to the running room. I love walking and listening to music. Our city is looking good all olympicky and shiny. I was warm when I got to the running room. I am not going to wear my puffy next time. It is time to switch back to my black and yellow hoodie. I had my running stuff under my sweatpants - so I changed my shoes and piled my stuff with the rest of the back packs.

We had a talk first about shoes. I need to get a new pair and start alternating. He kept repeating - if the shoes are working for you then don't change to try and get something else.

It took us all a while to get outside. But once we got out we broke into pace groups. I was going to go with the 2 hour but I ended up with the 1:45. We ran along the C wall and it was dark. I got around the light house and then I stopped and because I couldn't see the crew ahead of me.. there was one guy behind me - gay? I don't know.. and he was just following me.. hahah! So, we turned in and cut through were the totems are and headed back. We ended up running 5.13 km.. instead of 4... and we were about the 6th or 7th people back. I am going to actually read the race route next time.. but I think it will be easier in the light!

After the run.. I stretched and went inside to change. Then I walked home. I didn't talk too much.. maybe a couple of jokes... but I am sure that will change Sunday when we run slower. There are a lot of girls in the group... didn't see any hot guys... oh well!! Maybe I will get a couple of new girl friends out of the deal... ?? maybe??

No comments:

Post a Comment