Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday 12.17 km Steady - week 4

I missed my run yesterday. Today I was supposed to run with the run club - but I slept in.. and got some breakfast .. then rested/ digested... and then went for my run. I partied Friday night.. and then had a few beers and chinese food Saturday - I went to bed early.. but I wasn't feeling so great first thing in the morning.. I prolonged the hangover.. but I pretty much managed to sleep through it. YAY!

I added yesterday's 3km to today's 7km - but I kept running for 12 km. I ran down to the c wall by the Aquatic centre - ran all the way around.. I stopped at every fountain!! Dehydrated!! I ran slow and steady - I didn't stop and walk. I crossed over at the totems and got to the fountain at the end by the underpass and it was broken!! I was so thirsty... and I still had to walk all the way home. I was soooo cold!!!! But.. I just kept putting one foot in front of the other and I dreamed of Gatorade!! mmmm..

I had a hot shower.. and stood under the water forever.. to get warm.. dried my hair with the hair dryer and went back outside and got two slices of za and a Dr. P! I sat in the park and ate it.. it was pleasant. I had a good day! AND.. I have tomorrow off!! YAY!!


1 comment: